The Survival Coalition of Wisconsin Disability Organizations is committed to creating a society where people with disabilities are full and equal participants in community life.
The Survival Coalition of Wisconsin Disability Organizations will be a leader in influencing the political process by advocating with the state legislature, Governor’s office, state agencies, Congressional delegation, and federal agencies for laws, resource allocation, policies, programs, and practices that support our Vision.
The Survival Coalition Values:
- All persons with disabilities are entitled to integrated, individualized, community-based supports and services, including:
- A community based support system that allows eligible adults to live inclusive, individualized lives with the supports of their choosing that meet their needs.
- Supports that allow all eligible families of children with disabilities to fully participate and benefit from the typical community experiences that all children enjoy.
- Supports that create integrated employment as the first and preferred outcome of public programs for people with disabilities.
- A community based recovery-oriented, trauma-informed system of care and integrated mental health treatment with substance use and primary care interventions to ensure earliest identification and intervention.
- A quality public education system that invests and promotes inclusive practices that respect individual rights, include parents and promote the graduation of citizens who are prepared secondary education and the workforce.
- All individuals with disabilities should be free from discrimination, abuse, and violation of their civil rights.
- The voices of people with disabilities and their families are reflected in all our actions through intentional statewide opportunities for cross-disability partnership with local organizations, coalitions, consumers, advocates, and families.
Survival Coalition Co-Chairs:
608- 719- 7256
2023 Membership List
2023 Member Organizations include:
- Aging and Disability Professionals Association of WI
- Autism Society of South Central WI
- Autism Society of Southeastern WI
- Autism Society of Greater Wisconsin
- Community Living Alliance
- Disability Rights Wisconsin
- Employment Resources Inc.
- Family Voices of Wisconsin
- Greater Wisconsin Agency on Aging Resources
- InControl Wisconsin
- Living Our Vision (LOV). Inc.
- People First Wisconsin, Inc.
- Respite Care Association of WI
- Wisconsin APSE
- Wisconsin Association of Benefits Specialists (WABS)
- Wisconsin Board for People with Developmental Disabilities
- Wisconsin Coalition for Independent Living Centers
- Wisconsin Council on Physical Disabilities
- Wisconsin FACETS
- Wisconsin Long-Term Care Workforce Alliance
- Wisconsin Personal Services Association
Learn about becoming a member of the Survival Coalition.
For more about the Survival Coalition, contact us at SurvivalCoalitionwi@gmail.com.
Real Lives, Real Work, Real Smart, Wisconsin
Investing in People with Disabilities
Follow Survival On: