SAVE THE DATE- DISABILITY ADVOCACY DAY 2020
MARCH 24, 2020
More information coming February 1, 2020
2019 Disability Advocacy Day
Monona Terrace, One John Nolen Ave, Madison, WI
Disability Advocacy Day is a day-long event focused on connecting Self-Advocates with their legislators to talk about issues that matter to them. Attendees are expected to participate in the full day of activities.
- There is small fee to register. $10 per person. NEW
- Order a lunch (optional) $10
- Everyone in attendance MUST Register
- Direct Care Workers attending to assist you for the day must register for this event.
Additional people must complete their own registration form.
- Use your HOME/VOTING address to register. Business addresses or PO Boxes are not allowed.
- No on-site registration or walk-ins.
AGENDA AT A GLANCE
9:30: Check in: Monona Terrace, One John Nolen Drive, Madison
Stop by Voting Resource table. Spring Statewide Election April 2
10:30: Briefing on Survival Coalition’s current issues, planning time
12:15: Rally at the State Capitol, Hamilton Street Entrance (3 blocks away)
1:00- 3:00: Attend Legislative visits
3:00-3:30: Check out and debrief after your visit at the Capitol
- Participants support Survival Coalition’s mission to maximize community inclusion for all people with disabilities,
- Participants must attend the 10:30 a.m. briefing at the Monona Terrace Convention Center.
- Attend your legislative visits at the scheduled time with your group.
- Coordinate your own transportation (if you need assistance) to the Capitol (3 blocks away)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE March 8, 2019
Must be postmarked and paid for by March 8, so we have time to schedule
your legislative visit for you.
Don’t forget your Blue Disability Advocacy Day T-Shirt!
2018 Disability Advocacy Day
PARKING information and Map
PAST Disability Advocacy Days:
2015 Survival Coalition Issue cards:
- ALL Cards
- Adult Long Term Care
- Children’s Long Term Support
- Mental Health