Survival Coalition is supported by 8 issue teams.
Issue Teams address legislation, keep tracking report up to date and define the scope within the issue area. Issue teams keep Survival Coalition informed and up to date on related issues, provide guidance, write issue papers and/or testify as needed.
- Comments to CMS on HCBS (1-9-17)
- Recommendations and Considerations for development of the IRIS 40 hour policy (10-21-16)
- Comparison of Governor’s LTC proposal and JFC LTC motion (6-2-15)
- Survival Coalition LTC Letter to JFC (5-26-15)
- Overview of FL, KS, CA long term care (LTC) approaches in contrast to Wisconsin model (3-12-15)
- Survival Coalition’s letter to Governor Walker regarding Joint Finance Committee’s report on Family Care (1-8-14)
- Survival Coalition’s letter to Joint Finance Committee regarding report on Family Care expansion. (1-8-14)
- Support for the proposed national standards for Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) (1-7-14)
- A New Year’s Message from the Disability Community (12-23-13)
- Share Your Ideas to Improve Wisconsin’s Adult Long-Term Care System (3-5-12)
- Survival letter to Assembly on four important bills (3-5-12)
- Survival Thanks Senate for Support of People First and Family Care Bills (2-13-12)
Children’s Long-Term Supports
- Letter to Joint Finance on Children’s Long-Term Support Waiver Program – LFB Paper #323 (6-6-17)
- Survival Coalition’s recommendations of the Legislative Fiscal Bureau’s papers on Children’s Community Options Program (#359) and Children’s Long-Term Care Services (#361). (5-27-15)
- Survival autism epsdt letter to DHS (10-26-14)
- Recommendations for Supporting Families* through CLTS Redesign – Doable strategies in the next 18 months (12-13-13)
- Testimony on AB 501 (10-17-17)
- Testimony on AB 530 (10-17-17)
- Testimony on Graham-Cassidy-Heller-Johnson Proposal (9-25-17)
- Statewide “What Does Medicaid Mean to Me?” Booklet (6-2-17)
- “Am I Impacted By Medicaid?” Survey from (5-20-17)
Congressional District 1: Speaker Paul Ryan.
Congressional District 2: Congressman Mark Pocan.
Congressional District 3: Congressman Ron Kind
Congressional District 4: Congresswoman Gwen Moore.
Congressional District 5: Congressman Jim Sensenbrenner
Congressional District 6: Congressman Glenn Grothman.
Congressional District 7: Congressman Sean Duffy.
Congressional District 8: Congressman Mike Gallagher.
- BadgerCare Plus Demonstration Project Waiver (9-4-13)
- The Affordable Care Act in Wisconsin: Implications for People with Disabilities (6-28-12)
- Survival Coalition Virtual PACE Comments (4-3-12)
- Recommendations and Concerns regarding the Virtual PACE Program (11-22-11)
- Survival Coalition comments on MA Savings Plan (11-4-11)
- Governor Scott Walker Kicks Off Mental Health Awareness Month. (See Proclamation) (5-1-14)
- Speaker’s Task Force on Mental Health Bills (1-7-14)
- Survival Coalition testimony – AB 367 – Emergency Detention (12-14-11)
- Survival Coalition Comments on Disproportionality (5/14/2018)
- Memo opposing LRB-0917 (11/7/17)
- Survival Coalition Comments on ESSA (6-28-17)
- Survival Coalition letter to Senate Help Committee over Betsy DeVos’ during confirmation hearing.(1-29-17)
- Survival Coalition testimony to the Assembly Speaker’s Task Force on Urban Education (10-12-15)
- Survival Coalition memo to Joint Finance Committee – Teacher Licensure (6-8-15)
- Testimony on SB-001 School and School District Accountability Report (2-3-2015)
- Survival Coalition testimony on AB-001 School Review System (1-16-15)
- Seclusion and restraint legislation (S. 2036 / H.R. 1893) (7-22-14)
- Charter Schools Serving Wisconsin Students with Disabilities (6-24-14)
- Survival Coalition’s comments in response to the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (12-2-13)
- Survival comments on WI ESEA Waiver application (2-14-12)
- Comments Regarding the Proposed DWD Administrative Code 65 Changes for Order of Selection (2-20-18)
- 2014 DVR Plan Public Comment-Testimony from Wisconsin Survival Coalition (5-21-14)
- Survival Coalition’s comments on potential changes to the MAPP (10-15-13)
- People First Wisconsin Employment Letter to Governor
- Creation of a Caregiver Waiver-FAQ (2-24-19)
- Wisconsin’s Direct Care Workforce Crisis Survey Fact Sheet (11-29-16)
Other Papers and Materials- Archives
2011-2013 Legislative Report Card
Survival Coalition Ideas for the DHS Town Hall Meetings
State Budget Talking Points for Advocates
Frequently Asked Questions about Wisconsin Medicaid Changes
Follow Survival On: