Disability Advocacy Day 2023
Save the date:
Thursday, March 23, 2023
2023 Save the Date Flyer
Disability Advocacy Day is a day-long event focused on connecting Self-Advocates with their legislators to talk about issues that matter to them. Attendees are expected to participate in the full day of activities.
· Register is FREE- BUT you MUST register
· Order a lunch (optional) FREE- BUT you MUST register
· YOU MUST REGISTER TO PARTICIPATE. Direct Care Workers
attending to assist you for the day must register for this event.
· Use your HOME/VOTING address to register. Business addresses or PO
Boxes are not allowed.
· No on-site registration or walk-ins.
AGENDA AT A GLANCE
9:30: Check in: Monona Terrace, One John Nolen Drive, Madison
Stop by the Voting Resource table
10:30: Briefing on Survival Coalition’s current issues, planning time
12:15: Rally at the State Capitol, Martin Luther King Blvd. entrance (3
1:00- 3:00: Attend Legislative visits
3:00-3:30: Check out and debrief after your visit at the Capitol
· Participants support Survival Coalition’s mission to maximize
community inclusion for all people w/disabilities.
· Participants must attend the 10:30 a.m. briefing at the Monona
Terrace Convention Center.
· Attend your legislative visits at the scheduled time with your group.
EXTRA! EXTRA! Join our virtual information sessions if:
· You want some extra time to plan for your visit with your legislators. OR
· If you cannot attend Disability Advocacy Day in person but would like the information and would like to contact your legislator by phone.
**note: you do not need to register for Disability Advocacy Day to participate in the virtual information sessions.
We will have 2 virtual information sessions:
· Wednesday, March 15: 12-1 pm
· Thursday, March 16: 4-5 pm
If you would like to attend one of these sessions, email Survival Coalition for the link: SurvivalCoalitionwi@gmail.com
DISABILITY ADVOCACY DAY OF ACTION 2022
DISABILITY ADVOCACY DAY 2020
Survival Coalition’s Disability Advocacy Day is CANCELED for this year due to concerns about containing the spread of Coronavirus.
2019 Disability Advocacy Day
2018 Disability Advocacy Day